THE AIR CARGO AGENTS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA (ACAAI)
PROCEDURE FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
Any cargo agency which has IATA Cargo Agency Registration for a minimum of one year is eligible to become an Active Member of ACAAI. Active Membership is for the Head Office/Registered Office of the eligible applicants. After enrollment as an Active member, the branch offices of the agency can be enrolled as Associate members of ACAAI.
Please see the “Notes” and “List of Documents Required for Active Membership” below for guidance.
1. Active Membership applicant should have completed one year from the date of IATA approval.
2. Proposer should be an Active Member of ACAAI. The signatory of the Proposer in the Proposer’s letter and the application form should be an Accredited Representative only.
3. Seconder can be either an Active or an Associate member. The signatory of the Seconder in the application form can be either an Accredited Representative (if the Seconder is an Active Member) or an Authorized Representative (if the Seconder is an Associate Member of ACAAI) .
4. Please ensure that all boxes in the application form are correctly and completely filled with all the required information.
5. Names of the Signatories, seals of the Companies of Applicant, Proposer and Seconder, place and dates should be mentioned/affixed in the relevant boxes in the application form.
6. The applicant for Active Membership of ACAAI should send the documents which are given in the list below along with the completed application form to the Hon. Secretary General, ACAAI Head Office at the following address:
The Air Cargo Agents Association of India
28-B, Nariman Bhavan
Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021
Tel : 022-22021923/22025584
7. Please ensure that the application form is filled correctly and completely in all respects and all the required documents as per the list given below are sent along with the completed application form to facilitate speedy processing of the application.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
1. Letter from Proposer addressed to the Hon. Secretary General of ACAAI on the Proposer Company’s letterhead duly signed by their Accrediated Representative in ACAAI. The Proposer’s letter should clearly state that:
A) The applicant has Cargo Agency Registration from IATA and the date/year from which the agency has IATA registration;
B) The Proposer knows the applicant and they propose the Active membership of ACAAI for the applicant.
2. Self-attested copy of Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the Company.
3. Copy of initial approval letter of IATA Cargo Agency Registration from IATA (confirming IATA Registration of the applicant).
4. Copy of latest IATA Certificate of Registration of the Head Office/Registered Office of the applicant.